Saturday, June 1, 2013

In London, In Love

Do you believe in love at first sight? I didn't. Then I saw London. I'm in love. Now granted I wouldn't want to be in London during the Olympics or anything, that would just be silly, but today it felt like I had been here forever and it was a good fit.

Today following a bath and breakfast, Liz and I pounded the pavement. We walked to Portobello Street  and spent hours looking at all the little vendors in the street. It is a mile long and there is everything imaginable being sold in the street. Liz and I had authentic Belgian Waffles with cream and chocolate drizzled on them. It was so good. Then we went to see some sights. We saw Trafalger Square which is kind of square, Big Ben which is very big, the parliament building which is parliamenty, and Piccadilly Circus which is not a circus at all. No men breathing fire, no elephants, no people swinging from the sky, but there were a bunch of people in funny clothes although I bet the wouldn't appreciate being called clowns. It was cool though, there are big flashing signs like in Time Square. 

We ended the afternoon out with a coffee from Starbucks. Those that know me aren't surprised, they are shocked that there was only one visit to Starbucks today. But there was too much to see to consume more than three cups of coffee today. I did have an americano made from organic beans from the rainforest instead of a Starbucks stop though. It was good. 

This evenings dinner was cooked by Master Chef Jeff who one day wants to open a Dinner & Bed instead of a Bed & Breakfast. It was salmon, halibut, vegetables and bread. It was amazing. I feel so spoiled and so blessed. God is good. I'm super excited to go to church tomorrow in London. I've had a wonderful day communing with my Lord and hanging out with my friends, I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Now I have to go to bed.

 This is Big Ben and the Parliament Building. There was some sort of protest taking place in front so I just kept on moving. The riot police were standing by and there were a lot of police helicopters flying around. I figured it was probably not a good time to be loitering.
 The police officer was a good sport as I asked to have my picture taken with him. He was wearing the cool hat so I had to stand next to him with my cool hat. From the smile he's sporting he doesn't look like he minds. He had been to Boston so we had that in common.
Westminster Abbey is sporting a lovely white hue this time of year as white is now is season following Memorial Day. The Abbey enjoys long walks on the beach, talking on the phone with friends, hosting coronations and making tourists take pictures.

FYI: No Joke! London has the old style cabs in periwinkle. I'll try and get a photo in the next few days. It's so cool.

1 comment:

  1. Periwinkle cabs? Oh, and I love your description of Westminster!

    What is "Master Chef Jeff" going to call his establishment? Supper & Sleep? It's a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete