Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Full Passport Page!

I have to give a shout out to the Italian, Slovene, Croatian, (and Slovene again) customs who filled up my first passport page.


Top right stamp was the first it is from the airport in Ronchi, Italy when I landed. The top left is from earlier today when I left Slovenia to visit Croatia. The bottom left is from Croatia when I left to go back to Slovenia. We had to ask and persuade the policija officer at the border to give me one when we left because he wanted to wave us through, but when we told him we had only been in the country to two hours and that I wanted one he complied. And the bottom right is from Slovenia when I re-entered the country this afternoon. I did many other things this afternoon, this was only one highlight of the day.

So after Janja worked from home today we headed out to the seaside of Slovenia. Since we were going in that direction we went to Croatia. The seaside in Croatia is very beautiful as well.

While in Croatia Janja and I went to a ritzy resort restaurant and had drinks.

 Coffee with Milk
 

 
 
View from the highway
Then we went back to Slovenia and had lunch.
 
 
This is probably the best fried chicken I've ever had. Now, my southern friends please don't get up at arms and start another war. To be fair I haven't eaten fried chicken at every place in the south but of the fried chicken I've had this is probably the best. It's also hard to be certain without a side by side taste test. But it was good enough to make a bulldog break it's chain.
 
Then we went to the salt flats where they make salt the same way that they did the medieval times. I would have thought they could have come up with a better method by now but it was still cool.
 
It was still pretty cool.
 
The neatest part is that at the end of the flats there is a spa with a sea salt swimming pool which we took a dip in. It was perfect, cooler than the air but not cold. It was amazing.
 
After our strenuous afternoon in the pool we went to Piran to see the fishing town. We had to park on the hill and then walk down to the town which was fine, but the walking back was pretty sweaty since it was fairly steep and hot.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So the last pictures are all from Piran. It was nice but small.
 
 
FYI: The traffic lights here warn you that they are going to turn green by turning yellow first so you can rev your engine and get ready...or something like that. I mean why else would you warn someone it is going to turn green if you don't want them to get a quick start of the light?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful....thank you sooo much for sharing. You are in a beautiful part of Europe....and your temperatures seem to be higher than here in Vt.
    Safe and joyous traveling tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hooo! Full passport page! Totally worth celebrating! :-D

    ReplyDelete