Friday, June 21, 2013

Back in Bromley

The last two days were very full and at the end of the day had me plum tuckered out so I figured I'd catch up on them this morning before I have to take a train to my bus.

On Wednesday we were going to go to Venice but it was stupid hot and we decided that walking around a brick city in sweltering heat by two people who easily burn wasn't the brightest of ideas so we settled for a few hours around Ljubljana before we headed to the airport at Trieste, Italy. I picked up some odds and ends and mailed a gift home because it was my baby brother's birthday. Following lunch we headed to the airport and had a few minutes to spare so we stopped at a shopping center in Italy. At the airport while waiting to check my bag Janja and I had a good discussion about God. It was really refreshing. My flight to Stansted was uneventful and I just about finished the book I started reading 6 months ago. Upon arrival I received my first UK stamp in my passport. I hired a car to take me to the hotel. This was the first time I had ever ridden in a cab. I went to the hotel. I was pretty stinking tired so I headed to bed.

My last lunch in Ljubljana
 
In the morning I got up and walked across the street to Starbucks. The cab picked me up again and took me to the airport where I caught my bus to Victoria Station in London where I got a train back to Bromley where Marjorie was so gracious to allow me to leave a few pounds worth of luggage so I wouldn't get charged overweight fees on Ryanair. When I arrived in Bromley I walked back to Marjorie's. We had lunch, caught up, I talked to my family and then went to the town to replace my watch that died the last full day in Slovenia. I found a suitable one at T.K. Maxx. Went to Starbucks (Bromley has 3 Starbucks and a slew of other coffee shops as well. After my walk back Marjorie and I had supper and we watched South Pacific for the first time. It was nice. That was followed by a two hour chat about God and how much He loves us. Again, refreshing. I fell into bed again in awe of how much I'm loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment