Friday, May 31, 2013

London Baby!

Today was so special. Although I bid my good friends Luketon Abi adieu today it was an amazingly spectacular day.

I slept a solid five hours last night and although I could have spent the better part of my day in bed I felt good this morning. The short sleep was a good sleep. I got up early and packed up my luggage. My good friends and I went to Lyme Regis to the beach and I put my ankles in the English Channel. It was a bit chilled but lovely. I then got to stop by the church in Chard and then Abi took me to the bus station so I could catch my bus to London. I'm going to say it again...London. I am absolutely amazed to be in London. Heading to the city was probably the only thing the softened the blow of having to leave the Talmages. I was so blessed for having the privilege of being able to be with them past couple days.
On the bus, sorry coach, I read a book by Harry Greenwood, a few chapters in the book of Job and spent some quality time in prayer. I love receiving revelation. It is truly my favorite past time. When I arrived at the bus station Liz found me (thank God for cell phones, or mobiles as they are called here.) and we took the "tube" to her place. I'm glad she was with me. I'm confident I would have found her house but it would have take some time. I must say I was spoiled by NYC because it is super easy to navigate. London, not so much.
We had a dinner of grilled vegetables and chicken and pesto pasta. It was absolutely amazing. We ate outside. It was just a glorious evening with great food, wonderful people and "London Town" in the background. I am still amazed that I'm in London. Last year at this time I was looking at a second surgery coming off the first surgery and life was less than promising filled with lots of pain and a decent amount of misery. It's amazing where a lot of faith and a little bit of time can take you.

FYI: There is always more than one pick up point. So far on this trip any time I've been waiting for someone at a bus or train station they are always either early or on time waiting for me and I end up waiting 30 minutes cause I was at the other pick up point....so....good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment