Monday, June 17, 2013

Visiting

Since my time here in Slovenia I had yet to see Nina. She also came to the States with Janja so today we are going to see her. I got up this morning and spent some time in good prayer and worship. It was really good. Then Janja came home and she ate a cucumber sandwich for the first time. She liked it so much she ate a second one. Then we went out and met up with Nina. We had home made Elderflower. It was really good. Then we went out and had an iced coffee. In Slovenia they ice the coffee with ice cream and not ice. It's more like a full-on dessert than just a coffee but it was really good as well. Then Janja and I went to the Ljubljana castle to watch the sun set and then we ate dinner there cause it was late and we figured it would save time. It took an hour and a half to get a soup and some pasta so we didn't end up saving any time but the company was good and it supplied more visiting time. Now I'm really tired. Tomorrow is my last full day in Slovenia and we are going to the seaside.

Oh and while we were out today I got myself some traditional Slovene slippers approved by Janja.

Janja and Nina

What shape do you see here?


Iced Kava
 

Me in front of the city at Ljubljana Castle at sunset


FYI: In Europe you don't run the risk of losing your top sheet in the night because there isn't one. They don't use top sheets only fitted ones and then they put a duvet cover on a duvet and that serves as your top sheet. Which I prefer because then when you make the bed you have one comforter and I end up making my bed in the mornings here because it's so easy.

2 comments:

  1. What are traditional Slovene slippers like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like the picture I posted with my feet in some green slippers.

    ReplyDelete