Saturday, June 8, 2013

Catch Up Day

I didn't blog yesterday because at the beginning of the day I just didn't feel well so I just slept and only started the tale end of my day at 1530. I needed to figure out my phone situation because I was just about out of credit (minutes to you Americans) and because it's an Irish SIM card I couldn't top it up in England. No matter. I ended up going out to Neasdan at 2300h and walking down a dark ally past three blokes all dressed in black. It appeared to me that they were eyeing me. It could have been my defensive paranoia or it could have been they were praying on people there. When I had to come back by about 40 minutes later they were gone but I kept a wary eye out and made it back to West Kensington alive, safe, exhausted and able to make a phone call. I called home for 2.75 minutes and it only cost 32 pence. Totally worth it to hear how my family is doing back home.

During the phone adventure I ended up at the Tesco customer service desk for about an hour. At one point the young man from Denmark was there. We started talking and we got onto the subject of hearing from God. It seemed like rather a deep conversation for the 15 minutes we ended up talking and was asking questions like "how do you hear from God?" "What does His voice sound like?" "What does He tell you?" Then he had to go and it was over. He sounded almost exactly like the prince from the film "The Prince And Me." From his expressions and the questions he was asking he seemed genuinely interested and I pray that God meets him where he's at because he really seemed to be searching. So that was one bright moment out of yesterday which wasn't quite as pleasant in other ways, but it's over now.

This morning when I went to leave West Kensington and head to Bromley South the District Train was experiencing some issues and I was stuck on a full train in a tunnel, not moving, with all my luggage for about 20 minutes. Everyone was really calm and no one complained at all which I found interesting. Once it moved again I was able to switch trains and make it to my destination. The first time all trip when I found the person meeting me just as I came out. As opposed to the usual I'm waiting at one spot as the other person is waiting at another spot for 30 minutes.

This afternoon I had tea in the cutest English Garden with the most adorable woman of God. We had tea and cucumber sandwiches in her "summer house."

And now I'm catching up on all the past pictures.


FYI: London's streets aren't marked very well at all and you very well could be on the street you are trying to find and have walked up and down it several times until you stop a nice gentleman with a British accent (you have a hard time finding one of those in certain parts of London) who whips out his iPhone and says "oh, it's right here." He didn't know what the street was called either apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment