Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Sunny Day In London Town

My deepest apologies to both of you following my blog. Alas I have no pictures for you again today. I Do hope to rectify that tomorrow but no promises. We have to see how tomorrow plays out.

The sun was out all day today and I actually walked around in a t-shirt all day long. It wasn't hot but it was beautiful. Today I saw Buckingham Palace. Honestly I was slightly disappointed. I thought it was bigger and the parliament buildings and big ben looked more grand that the palace did. But I saw it nonetheless. Then we took a stroll through St. James' Park and saw other buildings and eventually we wound up at Covent Garden where there are a ton of shops, people doing magic and an opera singer or two. We had lunch and then went back home for a proper cuppa, an afternoon rest and a supper of steak pie before we headed back out after the sunset for a look at the lights of London. 

As the sun set we headed up to Tower Hill and then Trafalger Square (which is not lit up at night) where we prayed for a man in wheelchair. We asked him what he would like us to pray for and he said "I can only ask for one thing right? And can it be selfish?" That made me sad because we have this misconception in our heads about how many things we can ask God for. As though if He were to see fit to give us something we better not ask for anything else and we should never want anything, only ask for something for someone else. I stopped to think of the box I have God in. It's a much bigger box than anyone else I know, but I still put boundaries and limits to the things I think God can do in my own life. I think God wants to break out of my box on this adventure in foreign lands and honestly that has me so excited to see what is going to happen next and a little scared. But the excitement outweighs the scared bits by more than I thought it would. I know my abstract thoughts aren't anywhere near a proper measurement but it's really weird when you have complete and utter peace in the midst of the scary insecure unknown. I'm pretty sure this is what the bible calls the peace that passes all understanding. I don't understand it but the peace is A-MAZ-ING!

FYI: There are only so many lights you can see between the time that the sun sets, about 10:20 p.m., and the time that the trains stop running past Earl's Court, around 12:20 a.m. But if you walk fast you can see a lot.

3 comments:

  1. It is so awesome what you are doing. I'm excited for you, and wish I could still travel and have adventures... I will again :)
    Love you Bekah
    Be blessed and have a blast!
    Ben Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep trying to comment on your blog, but it's not working! Let's see if this goes through...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally enjoying your blog....it's bringing back many good memories of London....a lovely city ...very regal! I was thinking of you today as I read of the Queen's 60th anniversary of her Coronation....did you see the royal family travel to the Abbey?

    ReplyDelete