Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sight Seeing

I have seen so much and don't so much already I'm just worn out trying to recall all the places I've been in the past few weeks. Today was no exception. There is a town in Slovenia called Bled and it has a lake, one of only two in Slovenia, and it harbors the only island Slovenja boasts. On the island is a church and some other buildings, a café, and of course a gift shop.

We parked at the ski area and there was a car slide thingy. Gregor and Janja's sister, Mojca, went and then Janja and I went. It was a lot of fun.


          This is the cars at the top




 
 
This is the view from the top of the ski lift over looking Bled. You can't see the island it is just out of view behind the trees on the left.


We went into the town and got the worlds best cream cake. I'm not sure how it is called in Sloven, they told me all day and I tried to repeat after them but it escapes me at the moment. It was wicked good.

Mojca with the tray of cream cakes and one ice cream dish.


We walked back to the lake and took a row boat out to the island. I took a turn at the oars but Gregor did most of the hard work. On the hill just to the right of us is the Bled Castle.


On the island there are 98 stairs to get to the top.


















I did make it to the top of the stairs and I do have proof but again my computer is being balky and won't load any more so if the computer cooperates There will be more pictures of today on the morrow.

It was a good day. The sun was out all day so I applied sunscreen and only got a slight amount of sun on my arms and neck which I'm ok with. I don't mind getting more freckles I just hate burns since they happen so quickly to me and after all the pain I don't even get to keep the colour, I go back to being white again so it isn't worth it, but today was good. No burn, time in a boat, good company, great food and wonderful country side and sights to see.........to be continued.



No comments:

Post a Comment