Monday, May 27, 2013

Chillin'

Today I slept in until noon local time. It felt very wrong but when I looked at my watch, which was still on EST, it was only 7 a.m. which is not getting up time for me unless I'm working or have somewhere I need to be so I didn't feel too badly, except I knew I couldn't sleep the day away because that would delay my body moving to Dublin time. So I got up and downed an energy drink and then went back to bed thinking that it would give me enough energy to help me wake up and I wouldn't want to stay in bed. It didn't. I ended up staying in bed for another hour before I got up. It was a lazy day as it rained off and on today. My host and I went to Wexford Town later in the afternoon and I found an adapter for my computer cord since the converter I brought didn't fit my computer cord plug. The man that was helping me find what I needed was asking me about American power outlets since he will be making a trip of a lifetime in a couple months visiting NYC, Vegas and Florida. Having been to each of those places I was telling him about the good places to go and how much fun it was going to be and walked out of the store without my purchase. It was rather comical. Good thing I don't embarrass easily.

This afternoon I was reminded again that God will always provide and has a plan for me...even here. Plans I've made to go to England have been delayed and I have peace that I'm where God wants me, even if it's just to rest and relax and fellowship with my friend. "It's all part of the plan" keeps going through my head when something pops up that doesn't seem like it should have. Then I just smile cause I feel like I know a secret that no one else is picking up on. So, I have one more full day in Wexford and I'm actually really happy about my delay to go to England. It must be that it's all part of the plan :-D

FYI: Establishments here will have a handsome gentleman with an accent help you with your purchase and then distract you with interesting conversation to the point that you leave your merchandise behind allowing the establishment to resell the item. DO NOT be distracted.
This is the Keys in Wexford Town. I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment