Friday, April 17, 2020

30 Photo Journey XIV: Childhood Memory


The title should say childhood memories. I spent countless summer days playing on this rock and sweet birch tree. Its a wonder this tree is still alive after all the things my brother and I hammered into it and cut off it, poor thing. Some days we would slice off bits of bark and suck on the sap and imagine it was our only sustenance after a harrowing journey across the seven seas. My brother and I imagined all kinds of things while playing on this rock. We had pirate fights and hid out from bandits and just about every kind of adventure a young mind could have with a tire swing and a rock with a tree growing out of it. My heart aches for the next generation who sadly seem to have lost the wonder of imagination and the incredible gift of creating wild and wonderful memories from the simplest of things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment