Thursday, April 9, 2020

30 Photo Journey VI: My Hobby

It's a lot of fun to find creative and fun stationary.

My biggest hobby is letter writing. It is a dying art these days. I was texting with my sister-in-law and asked if she had received my letter. She send a sad emoji and said that she needed to check the mailbox more often. As the conversation progressed she said "I've always felt bad about not communicating more." I responded by telling her that while she's home and having hours of boredom with all the quarantine orders she should just sit down and do it and then she won't have to feel badly any more she can feel good about herself.
I love letter writing because not only do I know it makes someone else smile when they get the mail and find that they have something other than a bill waiting for them, it also makes me feel good. It has been a good therapy for me over the years especially when I was sick. On the days I had a modicum of energy it always made me feel better to send a letter, even if it was just a note saying "I'm still alive."




I love bright and colorful stationary since
I write so many letters in a week. It keeps
it interesting and its more fun than just plain
white paper and envelopes every time.
One excuse I hear a lot is "I don't have time." Well in all this staying at home the past month, what's your excuse now? We make time to eat. We make time to exercise. We make time to watch our favorite shows. Make a few minutes to write someone a letter. You will feel better and right now we need all the feeling better vibes we can muster, plus you make someone else's day too. I also hear a lot of people say things like I wouldn't know what to say or my handwriting is terrible. I can't say I've ever heard someone say "I wish I didn't get this letter from Jane, she never has anything to say and her handwriting is terrible."



 You can always make excuses for why you can't write a letter and if that's how you choose to live then that's your choice but I promise you that if you take a few minutes to write a note and let someone know that you care about them it will make you and them feel better. Isn't that what times
like these are all about?

Stamps are little pieces of art these days and
add another level of fun to sending letters.





Special Shout Out to all my faithful letter writing friends and family who always brighten my day. You were the only bright spots in the last 5 years. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment