Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Drive of a Lifetime: Monotony

Today started at a deficit. I stayed up way too late chatting with my beautiful cousin.

Me, My beautiful cousin, Pam and Amy.


I woke up early to say goodbye to my young cousins and that was that. Not nearly enough sleep but I was surprisingly awake once I had a cup of black coffee and some oatmeal and was today's captain behind the wheel for the day. We said our goodbyes and Amy and I once again headed east.

Nothing much exciting happened today. Pennsylvania is rather boring and Ohio isn't any better.

We did drive through Amish country which was a bit interesting to see horses working in the field like in days past. But I was driving so I didn't get any pictures of the buggy with the slow moving triangle sign.


At least there were hills through Pennsylvania which made it pleasant.

At a rest stop in PA. Lovely hills in the background.
A fruit stand at the rest stop in PA.


It was a lovely peach.
It was a huge peach.



Another great moment was finding a Love's Truck Stop and getting some lovely beef jerky. It's my favorite.














Today did conclude nicely though when we arrived at our destination and were prepared massive amounts of steak, risotto, grilled vegetables and wine grape juice which was absolutely wonderful. It was the perfect end to a moderately monotonous day.



My amazing hosts, Bart and Gretchen, who know how to spoil a weary traveler.
 



 

Special shout out to the Barry Family,

 Cousin Pam, Bart, Juliana and McKenna

and to the Collins Family,

Bart and Gretchen

 

who have made the past two nights so

welcoming and comforting and refreshing.



3 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading your blog. Fun to think of you motoring across America with a Starbucks in hand. Safe travels. Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy reading your blog. Fun to think of you motoring across America with a Starbucks in hand. Safe travels. Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank's Bruce. There aren't as many Starbucks stops as I'd like but I'm surviving. lol

    ReplyDelete