Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Drive of a Lifetime: Goodbye Kansas, Hello Colorado!

Today was much nicer than yesterday. After getting a few hours of sleep we packed up, grabbed some breakfast and headed to the International House of Prayer.




It was so good to just immerse myself in an atmosphere of worship. While we were there I was able to connect with my cousin who was working so he showed up in his work uniform which had people concerned for a moment wondering why an officer of the law and his dog were showing up at the prayer house.




 We did some catching up, shared a few hugs, I met his new dog Jampy who was very adorable, and then he had to return to work.


After my cousin returned to keeping Kansas City safe I went back into the prayer room and ended up praying for someone I just met as they prayed for me. It was really good. We grabbed some kombucha from the cafe and then hit the road.

I won't regale you of tales from our 8 hours in Kansas. But just about every minute of every hour looked like this.



Sometimes pulling out the map and seeing how much of Kansas you have left to cover can be
depressing.




























But eventually after what felt like days and days we saw some
faint mountains in the distance and we got very excited until we finally got to Colorado Springs as the sun was setting.


 We found a greek food truck and I ate the innards of two gyros. Oh my goodness it was the best ever. We continued on to the Fowler's home and settled in with no bake cookies, some lovely Irish tea and wonderful conversation and fellowship. Now it is off to bed and get rested for tomorrow's adventures.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I just entered a comment!!....and it was like this.....Thank you Rebekah for sharing your, and Amy's, trip across the USA!.....I need to take out a map and follow your journey....I think you did a bit of zig sagging on the east coast!.....Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I guess Kansas is out when we hit the road in our RV travels! LOL -- We do need to check out Kentucky though!! Have a safe rest of your trip!!

    ReplyDelete