Friday, September 25, 2015

The Drive of a Lifetime: A day off.

Today we took a day off from traveling, sort of. Our tour guide Savannah graciously chauffeured Amy and myself to Focus on the Family so I could see my childhood obsession, Whit's End. It was neat being in the place where Adventures In Odyessey is created. It was a fun time. Then we had lunch and Savannah drove us up to Cripple Creek and brought us home to make us some lovely chicken and rice. She then cut our hair. We were both impressed with our new dos and then we settled in for several hours of fellowship and laughter. It was a really nice easy day and it was fun driving up into the mountains by a sort of local. Having just moved here a few weeks ago Savannah knows a ton about her new home. It would take me a decade of living in one place to have as much knowledge as she has about Colorado Springs. Heading to bed again way too late but feeling refreshed and relaxed and extremely blessed at the Fowler hospitality.

There were way too many beautiful mountains to photo catalog them all here but I'll give you a taste of what our day was like.

My day in no particular order.

Taken at the Heritage Center Museum over looking Cripple Creek

A rock during our drive. It just looked cool.

Our beautiful drive

Autumn Colour

The donation box at the heritage center was broken up into states.
The biggest donating states were Colorado and Texas.
 New Hampshire and Vermont were rather sad so Amy and I
had to contribute to represent. 

Amy pushing the "red button"
Amy Savannah and I at Whit's End




It's been a while since I've had a good lick from a lion.




Heading into Focus on the Family
The famous Whit's End door bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment